Quick Neapolitan Pizza Dough
Neapolitan pizza is one of my favourites. It’s got a large crispy crust with a thin and chewy base. Its not always possible to rise for 24 hours or more, this recipe will have you amazing dough in just a couple of hours.
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Proving Time: 2.5 Hours
- Cook Time: 2 Minutes
- Total Time: 2 Hours 37 Minutes
- Yield: 3 Dough Balls 1x
- 500g Strong White Flour / ‘00’ Flour
- 300g Water
- 10g Salt
- Yeast – 7g fresh/3g active dried/2g instant dried
- Divide the water into 3 parts, place two parts into a bowl and heat the 3rd part in a saucepan.
- Heat the water until boiling and then add to the 2 parts of cold water.
- Whisk the salt into the water until dissolved
- Add the yeast and whisk, you should see bubbles or foam forming on the top
- Put the flour into a large bowl and pour in the liquid.
- Using a wooden spoon mix it all together until combined.
- Continue to mix with your hands in the bowl and begin to knead in the bowl to fully mix all the loose dough
- Lightly flour your worktop
- Knead the dough on the floured surface for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the dough is smooth, firm and stretch return to the bowl.
- Cover with cling film or a damp cloth.
- Leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide into 3 dough balls equaling between 220 and 250g.
- Ball the dough and then place in individual bowls or a proving tray.
- Cover again and leave to rise for another 30 minutes
Keywords: Pizza Dough, Neapolitan Pizza Dough